Monday, April 11, 2011

Hoops of Color!



Sometimes....we just need an alternative to art work. I love beautiful pieces of art as much as the next person, but every now and then I find myself wanting something else! Today I stumbled on this craft project that I thought was a great idea. I know there's been many times where I've walked into a fabric store, and can find a fabric that I fell in love with, but don't have a clue what to do with, OR it's so expensive, that I can't buy a ton of yardage. Well....here is the perfect solution to small yardage creating high impact.


Materials that are needed:



  1. Embroidery hoops of any size

  2. Square of fabric at least 2" bigger than any embroidery hoop.

  3. Scissors

  4. Elmer's Glue

Instructions:



  1. Place fabric in hoop, pull taught.

  2. Turn to wrong side, run a line of glue on inside ring close to fabric

  3. Press fabric into glue all of the way around

  4. Allow glue to dry

  5. Cut excess fabric off































No comments:

Post a Comment